Introduction to Dance Podiatry
Dancers, like athletes are highly dependent on the flexibility and strength of their foot. With regular use and sometimes over-use of the foot, dancers can incur injuries specific to their profession.
In recent years, dance medicine has become increasingly separate from the traditional sports medicine culture. Awareness of injuries among dancers and their need for proper treatment and rehabilitation has become more accepted by the dance community. Prompt evaluation and treatment can facilitate long lasting benefits for dancers, and reduce the risk of damaging or career threatening injuries.
We Can Help
- Injury Management and Prevention
- Pre-Pointe Assessment, and Pointe shoe fitting
- Customisation of Pointe Shoes
- Dance Specific strength training for the lower limb
- Footwear advice
- Nail issues, corns, callous and other skin irritations
- Return to Dance plans